The Cadence Academic Network
was launched in 2007 by Cadence Europe. The aim is to promote the proliferation of leading-edge technologies and methodologies at universities renowned for their engineering and design excellence. A knowledge network among selected European universities, research institutes, industry advisors and Cadence was established to facilitate the sharing of technology expertise in the areas of verification, design and implementation of microelectronic systems. The Cadence Academic Network, therefore, significantly support and improve the universities activities.
The Chair for Embedded Systems of Information Technology (ESIT) is a lead institution of the Cadence Academic Network and focuses on the development of Embedded Systems with novel reconfigurable hardware technologies and specific and adaptive processor architectures. The main research topics include:
- Development of application specific and adaptive processor architectures including development tools
- Development of reconfigurable hardware architectures (field programmable gate arrays) as well as development tools
- Virtualization techniques for the development and verification of complex system architectures
- Run-time virtualization of heterogeneous hardware architectures
- Ultra low power high performance embedded computing
Find out more about current research projects
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Michael Hübner
Telefon: (+49)(0)234 / 32 - 25975
Fax: (+49)(0)234 / 32 - 14499
Courses where Cadence technology is being used:
The Cadence Academic Network is providing its technical information via the LinkedIn
network. The groups are moderated by the lead institutions of the academic network, ensuring a constant flow of reviewed information relevant to academia. For an overview of the LinkedIn groups’ structure, as well as guidelines on how to subscribe to the groups of your interest, visit the Cadence Academic Network at LinkedIn
The subgroup "IP Design, Integration and Validation" can be found here .
Cadence is a registered trademark of Cadence Design Systems, Inc., 2655 Seely Avenue, San Jose, CA 95134.